Here is what HAWK tells us. I know I got a lot out of listening, I hope you do too.
LOOK FOR THE BIGGER PICTURE
Hawk tells us to look at a situation from above. Don't get stuck in the details, you won't find the answer. If something is eluding you, take a step back and see how the pieces can fit together.
DON'T BE CAGED BY FEAR
Once you have done the "overhead view", decide if it is right for you. Change is scary, and looking at something from a different perspective is often overwhelming and we do the opposite of hawk - the mouse that hurries underground to safety. (Mouse is actually a powerful spirit animal as well!)
Even when a bird is used for falconry, he is partnered with for 2 years, and then set free. The hawk is caged, and I imagine in great fear for some time. Is what or who you are currently partnered with caging you? Look deep down and see if there is fear there. Or maybe you are comfortable in the current cage, and the fear is getting free? What would you do then?
FOCUS ON WHAT IS AHEAD
Once you determine if and how you are going to move forward, focus on that. Looking back at what you have accomplished is fine and serves an important purpose, and hawk says now focus that attention forward - to new things. You have the goal in mind, you are ready to step through your fear, so go forth and soar!
I have people ask me "How do I ask an animal to help? What exactly am I supposed to do? The message is great, but how do I actually use this?"
Messages from animals are meant as catalysts, as ways to open your eyes to see what you need to change. I feel the spirit of the animal helping me, but like with the angels, you need to ask. And then have faith.
- Go for a walk and talk to the animal. Even if they are not there, Mother Nature will connect your energies.
- Go online and look at images of the animal. What does it make you feel? What does it stir within you?
- Say a prayer to the animal. You can find a lot online and in books, but you can also just make one up. Try creating a HAIKU for the animal. That is a simple poem you create. The first line is 5 syllables, the second is 7, the third is 5. 1 or more verses. Seems easy, but can be hard to do.
- After reading the message, journal. Really the answers come from you, so start talking to yourself through journaling or whatever works for you. Meditating, talking to a friend, etc.
- Keep at it. If your animal seems to go silent, that is okay. Keep bringing their energy and message to the forefront of your mind and... do your work.
Here is the HAIKU I came up with for HAWK while driving on the amazing open road.
You soar on your wings
Oh the wonders you must see
The wind as your guide
Did you ever fear
Or want to stay on the ground
Help me spread my wings
Keep coming to me
Give me your message of change
Help me move forward
Help me see the path
The courage to leave my cage
On my own wings - fly.